Five fears that you have.
I love how we jump from a floofy topic like “what’s your favorite color” to being asked to expose our soul by sharing our darkest fears…
(In no particular order)
- Dying a painful death; I’m less afraid of death itself than for it occurring in some excruciating manner. I think that’s pretty universal once we accept our own mortality. Drifting off to sleep and never waking up would be ideal. Drowning or burning alive are two things I’d prefer to avoid.
- While I’m not acrophobic, I am nervous about heights. I don’t freak out, nor do I completely avoid them, but I am extremely cautious about long drop offs. In all honesty, it’s not that height that’s the issue, it’s the slipping and the falling and the splatting on the ground that concerns me. I’m perfectly fine if I feel that there’s a secure barrier between me and the edge.
- Something happening to Derpy Dog. I can’t even think about it.
- That my good qualities don’t counterbalance the bad. That deep down I’m fundamentally selfish, stubborn, judgmental and capricious.
- That after years of control, self-sufficiency has become a drug. That trust issues have built an impregnable barrier around my heart. That I’ll always question motives, instead of simply accepting overtures at face value. That my élan has become autonomy to such a degree that I’ve become unknowable.
- Bonus: That civilization has an ascertainable expiration date. That society has lost its humanity.